| Check out the Colorado Bar Association website at the webpage described below to learn whether there might be an attorney available who could help with your case.
- Click here for the Colorado Bar Association website Find-A-Lawyer page.
- Click the down arrow next to the Practice ? field and select ‘Criminal Law’ from the drop down box
- Click next to “Accepting Alternate Fee Arrangements”
- Click on the blue ‘Search’ button
- The attorneys in this list have agreed to have more flexible fee arrangements w/ their clients, but you will have to first talk to the attorney to learn about their fee structure.
Information about Sealing Criminal Records in Colorado
Watch this video, Sealing Criminal Records in Colorado, (English, Spanish) produced by Colorado Legal Services. (funded in part by the State Justice Institute)
Go to this information – Sealing Criminal Records – from the CO Judicial branch site to access forms and instructions.
For information, watch these YouTube videos, Traffic Infractions in Colorado, Part I (click here), and Traffic Infractions in Colorado, Part II (click here).
Information regarding traffic and parking tickets specific to Denver can be found here.
Public Defenders throughout Colorado
Colorado State Public Defender’s Office – click here for more information
1560 Broadway, Suite 300
Denver, CO 80202
Phone: 303 620-4999
Fax: 303 620-4987
Criminal charges, including traffic tickets; does not handle civil work, divorces, landlord/tenant cases or auto accidents (unless crime related).
You should contact the Public Defender office for the county in which you are charged with a crime. The Public Defender will represent defendants who are low-income, and whose cases meet their guidelines.
- Clear Creek, Eagle, Lake and Summit Counties – P.O. Box 1636, Silverthorne, CO 80498; 970.468.9363.
- Grand, Jackson, Moffat, Routt Counties – P.O. Box 773539, Steamboat Springs, CO 80477; 970.879.0645.
- Gunnison – 219 North 1st, Montrose, CO 81401; 970.879.0645.
- Pitkin and Rio Blanco Counties – 311 1/2 8th Street, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601; 970.945.5828.
Federal Public Defender’s Office
Districts of Colorado and Wyoming
633 17th Street, Suite 1000
Denver, CO 80202
Federal Public Defenders for CO and WY – click here. Information on federal criminal charges, including veterans issues.
Colorado Department of Law and the Office of the Attorney General
Click here for information about these types of fraud, how to prevent it, and what to do if you are a victim:
- common scams
- identity theft
Colorado Department of Public Safety – click here for the Office for Victims Programs
Information on victim compensation, assistance, and rights of crime victims.
Denver District Attorney’s Office Crime Victims Compensation program – click here for website.
University of Denver Sturm College of Law – Student Law Office (including clinics)
2255 East Evans Avenue, Suite 335
Denver, CO 80208
8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Mon.-Fri.
DUI/DWI, city ordinance issues and misdemeanor offenses; does not handle traffic, felonies or immigration cases.
Click here for an application, and click here and scroll down to “Apply for Representation” , or email completed application to this address – firstname.lastname@example.org